Cipicung 5 Elementary School is in the Cijeruk sub-district of outer Bogor. The school was built in 1981 but had not been renovated since. The schools condition including the tables and chairs was in complete disrepair. The 220 students had only two teachers and one head master and studied in dark classes in danger due to the collapsing roof.
Soekarseno Foundation activity :
- The school was completely renovated
- One building was destroyed and was turned into a sport field
- Tables and chairs thave been replaced
- Curriculum books have been updated
- There are now seven teachers
- All under-qualified teachers have received additional subsidy to bring their salaries to national minimum wage standards (UMR)