Kuwung Luwuk Elementary School was established in 1982. The school’s 180 students had only two teachers, one school head master, and one under-qualified teacher. It was renovated once by the government after an earthquake badly damaged the school however, the tables and chairs were left still badly damaged and as a result the students had to study on the floor.
Soekarseno Foundation activity :
- All classrooms have been renovated
- Tables and chairs have been replaced
- Curriculum books have been updated
- There are now seven teachers
- All under-qualified teachers have received additional subsidy to bring their salaries to national minimum wage standards (UMR)
- Since 2005 the school has been used as a junior high school in the afternoons